Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Good Time Line Dance Country Clip Alan Jackson

Danse du clip vidéo "Good Time"
Dance Steps to Alan Jackson's "Good Time"
48 Count, 4 Wall Line Dance
Choreographed by Jenny Cain Nashville, Tenn.

With over 200 dancers and only two days of rehearsals, Alan Jackson's new video for "Good Time" was well on its way! It was Alan's joke in the beginning that the song was so country, they were gonna bring line dancing back ... but what a great idea it was!
Award-winning director Trey Fanjoy hit the ground running with this idea of having the world's longest line dance. Soon, all that was needed was a choreographer to put it together. That's where I came in. Being a seasoned dancer and choreographer at Nashville's Wildhorse Saloon, I knew I could do it ... but the question lingered: Would I be selected despite my limited experience in music videos? Two days later, it was confirmed I had the job. Only having a week before the shoot, there wasn't much time to put this thing together. However, there were a few things that had to be thought through.

First, I knew it had to be a dance that was gender-friendly. It needed moves that both guys and girls were comfortable doing. Next, it had to be easy, but I wanted it to look difficult. The difficult dances usually look very cool and are fun to watch. So it had to be a dance that was able to capture attention but also able to be picked up by anybody. I used only 40 counts, which followed suit with dances that did so well in the past such as the "Watermelon Crawl."

Finally, the dance was ready and dancers were needed for the shoot. Lots of them! We searched high and low, using talent agencies, radio winners and even fan club members. The first day was the longest and proved to be the best for footage.

Alan and his wife, Denise, were both on the set — eager to make a great video. Alan even took time to meet every dancer. When it was my turn, he really wanted me to know how much he appreciated my hard work on the dance. He made it clear that he was not a dancer, but he thought the dance was great. I've been in this industry a long time, and I can honestly say that I have never met any two people who seem as down to earth as Alan and Denise. Who they are is who they are, and you can tell they've never forgotten that.

The dancers spent hours in the sun doing this dance over and over. At one point, the line was so long that a lot of the dancers couldn't hear the music from the stage. So I grabbed a bullhorn and ran to where they were and counted off every step for those dancers to stay on beat. The next two days were spent literally all over Nashville and Franklin, Tenn., doing this dance. In the video, you will see a clip of a woman in a purple shirt coming into the farmers market. This lady was not part of the cast and had no idea what we were doing ... but she decided on her own to jump in the line and began to pick up the dance. Fortunately, we got it all on film! It was perfect. We couldn't have scripted that scene any better! Lots of people worked hard to make this video great. Hair, makeup, wardrobe and even the water boys were constantly there to help, and we couldn't be more grateful. As for me, I couldn't be more pleased. I've even started a company for booking more projects like this.

All along, I had no doubts about Trey, her production and the crew producing a great video. Even Alan said he had a good feeling about it from the beginning. So please check out his video for "Good Time" and do the dance. It's fun and easy, I promise!

Dance Steps to Alan Jackson's "Good Time"
48 Count, 4 Wall Line Dance

Choreographed by Jenny Cain
Nashville, Tenn.

No comments:

Post a Comment